CODE OF CONDUCT
We believe the D&D community should be truly open for everyone. As such, we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, religion or fandom/costuming preferences.
This code of conduct outlines our expectations for participant behavior, as well as the consequences for unacceptable behavior.
We invite all attendees, sponsors, exhibitors and other participants to help us realize a safe and positive event experience for everyone.
All determinations of appropriate or inappropriate behavior are in Second Wind vzw’s sole discretion and the decision(s) of the Second Wind vzw representatives on-site will be final.
2. EXPECTED BEHAVIOR
- Be considerate, respectful, and collaborative.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory or harassing behavior, materials and speech.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants. Alert event organizers if you notice a dangerous situation or someone in distress.
3. UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR
- Unacceptable behaviors & materials include intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory, or demeaning materials or conduct by any attendees of the event and related event activities. The surroundings of the event venue are shared with members of the public; please be respectful to all patrons of these locations.
- Harassment includes, but is not limited to: offensive comments (verbal, written, or otherwise) related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability; inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces (including presentation slides); deliberate intimidation, stalking or following; harassing materials, photography or recording; sustained disruption of talks or other events (whether verbal or otherwise); inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.
- Physical, written, verbal or other abuse, intimidation, threats, annoyance, harassment, stalking, pushing, shoving or use of any physical force whatsoever against any person, which in any way creates a disturbance that is disruptive or dangerous, or creates apprehension in a person, as determined by Second Wind vzw and its management, in their sole discretion.
- Treating cosplay/costumes as consent for contact or interaction – COSPLAY IS NOT CONSENT!
- Possession of any item that can be used as a weapon, which may cause danger to others if used in a certain manner. Please note that prop weapons are acceptable, as long as they are made of foam or plastic and are non-functional. Furthermore, they should be in no way be used to harm or threaten other visitors.
- Any boisterous, lewd or offensive behavior or language, including but not limited to using sexually explicit or offensive language, materials or conduct, or any language, behavior or content that contains profanity, obscene gestures, or racial, religious or ethnic slurs,
- Possessing any open can, bottle or other receptacle containing any alcoholic beverages, except in areas specifically designated for the consumption of alcohol. Please drink responsibly.
- Possessing any illegal substance, including but not limited to narcotics, marijuana, or other illegal drugs. Second Wind vzw does not tolerate the use or abuse of illegal substances anywhere in the venue.
- Smoking – anywhere other than outside.
- Suitcasing: anyone observing to be soliciting unauthorized business. Distribution of flyers, notes, pamphlets or brochures at the event without written consent.
- Assembling for the purpose of, or resulting in, disturbing the peace, or committing any unlawful act or engaging in any offensive behavior.
- Failure to obey any rules or regulations of the venue. (Please note that animals are not allowed inside the venue, with the exception of guide dogs.)
4. CONSEQUENCES OF UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR
Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated whether by other attendees, volunteers, organizers, venue staff, sponsors, or exhibitors. Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately. If a participant engages in unacceptable behavior, the event organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from the event without warning or refund. Additional penalties may also be applied.
5. WHAT TO DO IF YOU WITNESS OR ARE SUBJECTED TO UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR
If you are subjected to unacceptable behavior, notice that someone else is being subjected to unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns, please notify an event organizer as soon as possible. All reports will remain completely confidential.
Event organizers will be available to help participants contact local law enforcement, to provide escorts, or to otherwise assist those experiencing unacceptable behavior to feel safe for the duration of the event.
We expect all event participants (staff, sponsors, volunteers, attendees, and other guests) to abide by this code of conduct at the entire venue and at all event-related social events.
Video recordings and photographs are being taken at this event. By entering you agree to have your image and likeness used by Second Wind vzw, for example but not limited to communication and marketing purposes.
8. CONTACT INFORMATION
For any questions regarding this Code of Conduct, please contact the organizers at firstname.lastname@example.org.